Thursday, October 10, 2013

Peplum Obsession

I've become obsessed with peplum lately. As you may have noticed from my earlier post, I wore a Jessica Simpson peplum dress to Chris's high school reunion. I purchased the dress at T.J. Maxx for $59 but when I was looking online to see if I could find a picture to send a friend I found it at Nordstrom for $128. Boy do I love it when I score a good deal! I know a lot of people say they don't have the time or patience to comb through the racks at stores like Marshalls and T.J. Maxx but I promise you it's worth it. I've purchased a Tina Turk bathing suit, a Lilly Pulitzer dress, Seven jeans, and a Michael Kors purse from Marshalls. When I found the peplum dress at T.J. Maxx I also spotted several Kate Spade pencil skirts and some really cute Kate Spade pumps. You're timing has to be right at these stores, but it's definitely worth an occasional visit. 

Jessica Simpson Studded Detail Peplum Sheath Dress
Yesterday morning when I was going through my emails I stumbled across an invite to a J.Crew Factory early access sale. I love a good sale and I even managed to purchase a few Christmas gifts. However, this morning when I got to work and started through my emails I noticed another email from J.Crew Factory announcing that everything is 50%.Well isn't that interesting, especially considering they made me feel like I was getting the best deal yesterday with early access. I quickly searched for the items I purchased and they were marked down considerably more. Fortunately J.Crew has a great return policy and they credited me the price difference. Always keeps that in mind when you're shopping. If you purchase an item and it is discounted within 30 days most stores will credit you the difference.

But back to my peplum obsession. I found this great peplum dress for work and the holidays. I feel like I always lean towards black and grey this time of year since it's so versatile; however, I decided to go with a gorgeous red color. I can easily wear this to work with a sweater and I can dress it up for a holiday party with a festive necklace, bracelet and heels.
Factory Stretch Wool Peplum Dress
J.Crew Cardigan. Perfect for work and even better that it's $24.50
                                                     
                                         

                                           
J.Crew also has a great selection of peplum tops for great prices.Wear them to work or out to dinner.
Factory Collared Peplum Top

Factory Peplum Ponte Top
Here is a really cute peplum top from Target's Phillip Lim line.
Phillip Lim Peplum Top
This is another great peplum dress from Loft. I love the military green color.
Striped Merino Wool Blend Peplum Sweater Dress


No comments:

Post a Comment