Thursday, November 4, 2010

Cookbook

I've participated in several recipe swaps over the years that have introduced me to many new tasty dishes. This dip recipe in particular has been a huge hit at showers, parties, tailgates, you name it. Every time I've made it for an event there hasn't been one bite remaining and someone always asks me for the recipe. It isn't the healthiest recipe in the world, but when you're at a party you aren't supposed to worry about calories, right?

Black Eyed Pea Dip
(I think I need to come up w/ a new name for it b/c I realize it doesn't sound very appetizing, but trust me on this one!)

One can rinsed black eyed peas
One can rinsed & roughly chopped artichoke hearts
One envelope hidden valley ranch dressing powdered mix
One cup mozzarella cheese
Few teaspoons parmesan cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 onion, chopped & sauteed

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl (the sauteed onion helps melt the cheese & incorporate the other ingredients). Pour into an oven proof baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. It's best served hot with Frito scoops (tortilla or pita chips will work too). Everyone will rave!

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment