Thursday, November 18, 2010

Red suede pumps!!

Yes, I found them and they're on my feet right now. Thanks to my wonderful husband I now own the best looking pair of red suede pumps you've ever seen. I will have to admit that my feet are killing me right now, but WHO CARES! When your feet looks this good comfort does not matter....at all. I guess this just goes to show you how much I love shoes. I think I'm obsessed, and I blame this 100% on my Grandmother and Mother.

So here's how the story goes....

Ever since I wrote a post several weeks ago on fall shoe fashion I've been looking for a pair of red suede pumps. The ones I mentioned in my post were from J.Crew; however, I refused to pay $228 for a pair of pumps. So my search begun and I was falling short. I honestly couldn't find a pair, that is until I ventured to this little place called New York City....

After spending most of Saturday shopping, eating and drinking, Chris and I decided to head back to Ben's apartment to rest before dinner that evening. Once we got back I decided to venture out a little while on my own to check out a few of the boutiques close by. One of my last stops was at a store called Girl Cat.

When I walked in the store I immediately knew I was in trouble because it was sparsely stocked, aka EXPENSIVE! I didn't even make it to the back of the store before I stopped dead in my tracks when I spotted these:











Good gosh, are they not gorgeous? Of course being one of two people in the store the lady behind the counter noticed me eyeing the shoes and walked over to ask if I would like to try them on. In my head I was saying "no, no, no....do not try them on because you'll fall in love." So of course I tried them on. They were gorgeous and I pranced around the store like I was seriously considering buying them. As I took them off I took a deep breath and asked how much they were. Lets just say that the J.Crew pumps were a bargain compared to these. I just smiled and told the sales lady that I would keep them in mind. Inevitably she tells me that the shoes are handmade in Peru and that only a few shoes in each size are ever made. I guess this explains the sparsely stocked store, but mainly I'm told it's to keep their line distinctive and one of a kind. I thanked the sweet lady for her assistance, took a business card and made my way out of the boutique back to Ben's apartment.

Upon my return Chris asked me if I found anything. I told him about the shoes but our conversation was relatively short and sweet. A few days after we were back in DC and one of Chris' co-workers emailed me to ask if I knew of any funky places in NYC that sold shoes. She's getting married in the next few months and wanted to find some "unique" shoes to wear. I was a little suspicious at first, but I knew she knew about our trip to NYC so it wasn't completely out of left field.

Only a few days later I came home from work and there in the middle of our bed was a box, wrapped in newspaper, ha-ha. I really had no clue what it was until I unwrapped it and saw the name on the shoe box. I was shocked! My first thought was that there was no way I could keep the shoes, they were too expensive. But....then I took them out of the box and tried them on!

So now I own a pair of designer shoes. I was truly scared to wear them to work they're so beautiful. I carried them in their individual plastic bags in my purse and once I got to work I slipped them on. I feel like Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz. Maybe if I click my heels together something magical will happen. My only worry now is that I will start to think that I'm worthy of wearing these high-end, one-of-a-kind shoes. If that ends up happening, I only have Chris to blame.

As I mentioned earlier, they're a bit painful today. I've been told that since they're handmade the suede is tight and they will continue to stretch as I wear the shoes, or at least I hope so!

A special thank you goes out to my wonderful husband for my FABULOUS shoes! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment