Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Five year anniversary

Chris and I are currently in route to Caneel Bay in St. John to celebrate our five year anniversary. This is the exact spot we chose for our honeymoon and when I say that it's heaven on earth I'm not exaggerating! We had such a wonderful time on our honeymoon that Chris promised me on our last day that we could come back in five years. 



I remember thinking at that time, wow five years is a long time. And here we are five years later. Part of me feels like we got married ages ago and another part of me feels like it was just yesterday. But when I think about everything that has taken place over the past five years it has been awhile! 

What a journey it has been. We bought our first home, both of us got new jobs (I've actually had 3 new jobs in that time frame), mourned the loss of loved ones, celebrated birthdays, anniversaries, graduations and holidays, traveled and most importantly, welcomed the birth of our first child, Carter Alan Wall. Not too shabby for five years, huh?


It has been a wonderful journey and I couldn't have asked for a better partner to join me on this ride. Chris is one of the most loving and supportive people I've met and I love him with all my heart. I could ask for a better husband or father to Carter. 


So off we go to the place it all started! This is my first trip away from Carter so I have some mixed emotions. My mom has come to town to keep the little man while we are away and though I don't worry about him for one second I worry about how much I'll miss him! We haven't spent a day apart since the day he was born so this will be an adjustment for me, ha. I know that it will be good for all of us though. He will get spoiled by his Gigi and Uncle Brandon and Chris and I will get some quality time together. Thank goodness for face time! 

I just so happened that we conveniently had a layover in Charlotte with just enough time to grab Bojangles! Lets get this party started right!


I hope everyone has a happy and safe Fourth of July! 

No comments:

Post a Comment