Friday, July 19, 2013

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale

It's that time of year! Nordstrom's anniversary sale. Over the past few years I've learned that this is the best time to score great deals on boots and jeans. I know it's hard to think about fall clothes when it's 98 degrees outside with a heat index of 105 but if you want to save some money this is the time to do it. Last year I scored a pair of Frye riding boots and this year I got a great pair of black leather booties among a few other goodies.

Vince Camuto 'Vive' Bootie
The best thing about these booties is the heel height. I'm always searching for a stylish shoe that doesn't have a four inch heel. Why do women's shoes always have an enormous heel on them? I can't make it through the work day in sky high heels. Nor do I want to go out to dinner in them because by the end of the night I feel like I need to get on my hands and knees and crawl to the car my feet hurt so bad. These are a great looking shoe and have a perfect heel height. They had them in the store in black leather, burgundy suede and leopard print. I loved the red and leopard ones but I figured black take me a lot further, especially at work. Best part, they were $84 normally $129. 

I also found this great camel colored pencil skirt. I have been searching for a camel colored skirt for about three years now. I do not understand why it has been so hard to find. But when I least expected it and when I wasn't really searching for one I found it. Best part, it was $45! 

Halogen Seamed Pencil Skirt

It's also that time to replenish my tinted moisturizer and under eye concealer. I have been using Laura Mercier for the past few years and can't say enough great things about their products. Their tinted moisturizer provides just enough coverage and is lightweight. They offer it in regular, oil-free, and illuminating and you can choose from the tube or a cream compact.

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer

Before I left  I made a quick stop at Gymboree to get Carter some bubbles. If you didn't know, they have the absolute best bubbles ever! Crazy huh? You wouldn't necessarily think to go to a kid's clothing store for bubbles but we discovered these through a friend and they're great. Basically the only way to pop them is to stomp on them with your foot. 

Gymboree Bubbles

Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment