Friday, October 15, 2010

Cookbook: Two-ingredient Pumpkin Muffins

As I was reading through the Noble Pig's blog the other day and trying to contain myself as I came across some of the most unbelievable desserts I've ever seen, I was intrigued to find a recipe that called for two ingredients. The Noble Pig features a recipe for a two ingredient pumpkin cake with an apple cider glaze. I couldn't get over the fact that the recipe just called for a box of regular cake mix and a can of pumpkin! Hmm, how does that work? No eggs, water or oil?

I noticed that there were over one hundred comments on this particular cake so I started reading through them. I came across several comments where they mentioned that this is an old Weight Watchers baking tip. Some of them recommended using spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin to make muffins. And for an even better low-cal twist you can ice them with fat free cool whip.

Well what do you know.....I happened to have a box of spice cake mix at home and a can of pumpkin. Last night I decided to give these a try and they were DELICIOUS. My husband even commented on how good they were as he grabbed two before heading out the door for work this morning. I simply mixed (with an electric mixer) a box of spice cake mix and one can of pumpkin and placed a heaping teaspoon of the batter in each muffin tin. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.













You will be pleasantly surprised how moist and delicious these muffins are....and low in calories! You could also bake the cake as the Noble Pig mentions and make the glaze to drizzle over top.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment